June 23, 2010

Butterfly Flutter

I finally got my butterfly punch from Stampin' Up.  Wahoo!  Aren't you excited to see what I made?  I got the inspiration here, but changed it up a little bit.  I put my butterflies into a shadow box, as it seemed a little bit more like the real butterfly display cases I've seen.  I also liked the depth of the box, as well as the glass cover.  Let's be honest--If I had left those butterflies out, we all know what my dear, darling, always well-intentioned children would have done with them!  My daughter fell in love with this, after waking up to find it hanging next to her bed.  I'm pretty happy with it too.


All of the paper came from Stampin' Up's Tea Party paper pack.  I love how well all of the patterns go together--There's a perfect blend of dark and soft colors.  Just right for butterflies!  I used a glue gun to glue their bodies to the paper, giving a 3-D look to the wings.  I also used the glue gun to glue the purple paper directly to the back of the frame.  Easy and beautiful.  What more could I ask for?

I'm linking up to:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up  party!

5 comments:

  1. Awww. Thanks for the very sweet comment you left on my blog earlier today...Hope you stop by again sometime :)

    I have a butterfly shadow box similar to the one you created hanging in my bathroom - I love it!!!

    I am also loving the Transformer t-shirts you made (and so would my boys).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter would love this - so simple and delicate! I think the glass was a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute!! You are just so talented. Everything you do is beautiful!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails